Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Make Money Money, Make Money Monaaay

So awhile back August Burns Red announced that they are releasing an ep with songs that didn't quite make the cut on Messengers. What I don't get is that if these songs weren't good enough to make the album, the why would people buy this ep? But what the really sad thing is, that people are actually gonna buy the crap out of it because people buy name brands. Even if you don't want to admit it bands are a brand, when you buy an Underoath record you are buying into the Underoath brand. People aren't gonna buy the Lost Messengers ep because they love these particular songs but because they love the brand that is August Burns Red. I'm not saying the ep won't have good songs on it, because it very well may, I just think that if it wasn't good enough to make the real record maybe its not good enough to be on the market. Just a little food for thought, here is some more:


1. Once Nothing-First Came the Law

I am so freakin bummed that Once Nothing broke up, it was just announced a couple of weeks ago so you might not of heard but boy am I upset. This record is one of the best of 2008, it may have its duds but songs like Whiskey Breath and Columbus Wasn't Looking for America make up for them. As a little consolation, Geoff, ON's guitarist, is the new lead vocalist for the Ferret Records band Gwen Stacy.


2. Means-More Than Watchmen for the Morning ep

So I guess this blog is going to focus on ands that no longer exist, and Means is included in that. Means Broke up last year, just after they released their second full length album. However, I want to talk about their 2005 debut ep. This ep has the entire package for post-hardcore stardom. This ep has more hits than their two full lengths combined. Ill give you that Connected off of Sending You Strength is their best song, but More Than Watchmen is by far their best cd regardless of its short track list.



That's all for now

I want a tattoo, should I get one?

Peace

2 comments:

  1. dood I'm so pumped for the new ABR album.
    its gonna be killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya dont get me wrong I love ABR, I just dont like it when bands do that you know?

    ReplyDelete