Monday, February 16, 2009

So this is my first post on this blog so I will probably have about 0-1 readers haha, but that is ok with me. This blog is just basically allowing me to vent/talk about my love of music. So I guess I shall let everyone know a bit about me. I'm a freshman at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. I was born in Dallas but split time growing up in Kaufman and Coppell, Texas respectively. I play guitar in a hardcore-punk band who is currently nameless. My guitar is a Epiphone Les Paul, and I play into a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack. I have a girlfriend who I love very much but I hardly get to see her because she lives about 5 hours away, bummer I know. So basically that's my life, I love music though, and that is what this blog is going to cover. Each post I'd like to give a couple of suggested bands and one of their albums to check out, so here are today's:


1. A Day to Remember-Homesick
This is ADTR's third release, second on Victory Records, and it does not disappoint. Voted the most anticipated album of 2009 by Alternative Press Magazine, this album is a great mixture of punk and hardcore BROOTALITY! I first started listening to ADTR not too long ago but that does not take away from any of the excitement I have, when I see them March 14th at the Plano Centre in, duh, Plano.

2. Oh, Sleeper-When I am God
Oh, Sleeper's debut album does not sound like a debut at all. Each song is intricately put together and they each sound as if it was written by god himself. The Ft. Worth based quintet has alot of experience making music however. Three members from the defunct Tooth and Nail band, Terminal, have gone on to be in Oh, Sleeper as well as the guitarist from Between the Buried and Me. Also look out for Oh, Sleeper's Sophomore release coming out in 2009.

3. The Devil Wears Prada-Plagues
Tdwp Released their second album in 2007 and it still has not left my car's CD rotation. Every track is phenomenal!!! I have listened to this record countless times and will continue to listen to it for it is an instantaneous classic. If you have not bought it yet, please don't waste anymore time. Their third album, With Roots Above and Branches Below is coming out April of 2009, so do not forget to pick that one up too.

Here is a list bands Coming out with new cds this year:
The Almost
As Cities Burn
August Burns Red
Belle Epoque
Burden of a Day
Catherine
The Chariot
The Devil Wears Prada
Memphis May Fire
Oceana
and Oh, Sleeper

I'm sure there are many others but these are all those that I can think of for now but if there are some you can think of you can post it below or send me a message.


I think that just about wraps up my first blog so ill check ya laterz

No comments:

Post a Comment